The last two weeks of my pregnancy were torture! I was all set to have you and then you decided to stay put. The week before you were born, your daddy went to Florida on a business trip. We were so worried you would come that week and he would miss the birth. Then there was a hurricane in Florida that delayed his flight home. Finally they let him fly home but then the hurricane was in Connecticut so he couldn't come home!
I was a mess!
Then I caught a cold and I was ready for you to be here so I could take some medicine for my cold. I went to my doctor's appointment that Friday and he said he would induce but I chickened out. I ran to your daddy's work to meet his new coworkers and let them see me while I was still pregnant. Good thing because that wouldn't be for long!
That night we rented The Mummy to watch on TV. I was starting to feel icky. I felt a little nauseous and tired. I slept on and off during the movie. When I woke up at 9pm I knew you were coming. I started making your dad help me get everything ready because we still had some stuff to stick in storage piled in the living room. Finally at 1am, I let your dad go to bed and I laid down to try to get some sleep. Forget that! I was starting to feel very crampy. I called your grammy to let her know that I was probably going into labor very soon. She was positive this was it and said they were going to be getting in the car to come down. It was a 4 hour drive from NH so I told her not to do it, but she insisted this was it and she was on her way!
I packed up my bag for the hospital and got all of my stuff ready just in case. At 3am, I took a shower and then logged into a game I played with your dad. The people on there helped me time my contractions while we took bets to see if you were a boy or a girl and everyone chimed in their ideas of what your name should be.
At 4am, I called my doctor's office because my contractions were 5-7 minutes apart. They said to come on in so we headed to Super Kmart to pick up some things before we came in. At 5:45, we arrived at the hospital. The nurse didn't believe I was in labor which was so annoying! They didn't give me a room until 7:30am! Finally the doctor said "Yep! You're in labor!"
That's when the fun started! They hooked me up to a million machines (okay it was two) and your grammy and grandpop came in! They had made it. I was so glad that you would have someone to visit you your first day here because none of my family was able to make it out.
At 10:30, they booted your Grammy and Grandpop out of the room because it was time to push. I pushed for two hours and finally your daddy said "It's a girl!"
You were so alert had your eyes open right away and just so strong! You were looking at everyone and trying to hold your head up, it was amazing. That first day you were here I was just in awe of who you were and how amazing you were already.
Friday, December 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment