Sunday, July 18, 2010

Growing up

Well

Today you got your period. While you were at your Dad's to boot.

All of these things kicked in for me when I got the news (Thank you for calling me first :) ). I am proud of you, for being so mature about it and taking it all in stride. I am worried for you, are you going to have the things you need at your Dad's house? Is he going to be sensitive to how new to all of this you are? Will you be embarrassed or scared? I am excited for you, making the transition to woman from girl is exciting and new and scary all wrapped up into one.

I pray you have the support you need, and know where to go to get it when you need it. This is a huge step for you, mi hija.

No comments: