Happy New Year mi hijita.
Well you're 11 years old now and well on your way to becoming quite the teenager. Right now you're crashed out on the couch after a weekend of fun with your friends. Sure there was drama but that's where the most important lessons are found.
I watch you liking this one boy and he doesn't like you back. I see your hope every time he shows up at the door and I see your heartache when he tells you all about the latest girl he's seeing. Yeah, he's 11 and so are you, but I basically want to pound his face in.
You are so valuable and I know you don't see it yet, I hope you see it eventually one day. Still, it is hard to see you hurting, hard to see you struggle.
Please learn the important things that drama brings. Learn how to treat and how to be treated. It really is true, people will treat you how you let them treat you. Stand up for yourself and do not apologize for how you feel...treat people with respect, but don't let them walk all over you.
Most of all, don't let anyone tell you who you are. Not even me :)
Saturday, January 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment