Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hard lessons

Ay mi vida....it is hard to watch you make mistakes and even more difficult to dole out the punishment that you need.

Perfection is not what I want from you, but I do expect behavior that is appropriate.

I know you're frustrated and I know that life sucks right now for all of us, but like I said, it is only temporary. EVERYTHING is temporary.

Please remember, long after what happened today is a distant memory and you are scratching your head as you read this trying to figure out what you did that caused this post....(ended up sent to the Principal's office three days in a row...just in case you actually did forget ;) ) EVERYTHING is temporary.

No matter the struggle, no matter how desperate your situation may seem or how miserable life is currently making you, it is all temporary. It will change, you might not be able to see it, but it will. Please don't do anything permanent because of a temporary problem...and in case you forgot.. EVERYTHING is temporary.

Moms bury their children all the time, and children bury their moms all the time because they lost sight of this...don't be one of those mi hijita. You have far too much to offer to give in to a temporary problem.

I love you. I am proud of you. I am here for you...even when I'm not. I know I work too much, I'm gone too much, I'm too busy, too exhausted, and too unavailable...but it is only temporary mi vida...this will pass and be a distant memory.

Te amo mi vida, te amo.

No comments: